Scope of Duties:
- Set up and demould heavy concrete products moulds as per drawings and product ·
- Cleaning of heavy steel moulds – removing and replacing mould doors 10-25 kg during set up process.
- Some doors would need sliding and are average 50kg. · Use of sledgehammers (10kg) to free dry concrete on sides and edges of moulds
- Use of rattle guns with high level vibration during closing and removing of mould doors
- Handle, cut, and form mesh using average bolt cutters as required by drawings
- Put mesh and rebar into moulds
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete this involves bending and stretching arms to setting bar chairs on mesh.
- Construct concrete formwork – has manual handling tasks
- Working at heights with some moulds · Extensive use of forklift trucks Pour and level concrete
- Use of heavy-duty petrol propelled vibrators (handheld) to dispel air bubbles from concrete mixture
- Repetitive use of shovels to move and distribute concrete around the mould
- Screed and trowel concrete to achieve finish required – excessive hand and shoulder movement · Observe and maintain a high level of safety at all time
- Comply with all OHSE procedures · Clean up and dispose of waste in accordance with company procedures – (manual work using floor scrappers and rakes)
- Comply with all company quality, safety, health and environment procedures
- Clean up and dispose of waste bar in accordance with company procedures
- Other duties as required
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
Ability to work with minimal supervision and read and understand construction drawings. Experience in concrete construction work.